What is a product roadmap?
A product roadmap is a strategic document that outlines the vision, goals, and timeline for the development of a product. It is a high-level visual summary that provides a big picture of the product's development over time, and it is typically created by product managers or product owners to communicate with stakeholders and customers about the product's direction.
What should a product roadmap show?
A product roadmap would contain several key elements, such as:
- Product vision: A statement that describes the overarching goal of the product and how it will meet the needs of the target market.
- Themes and initiatives: A list of high-level goals and projects that will support the product vision and help to achieve it
- Timeline: A visual representation of the development timeline, which can be broken down into specific milestones, such as releases or sprints.
- Features and requirements: A list of specific features and requirements that will be included in the product, along with any associated user stories, use cases, or acceptance criteria.
- Metrics and KPIs: A set of key performance indicators (KPIs) or metrics that will be used to measure the success of the product, such as user engagement, conversion rates, or customer satisfaction.